Monday, February 17, 2014

NYU Treatment of Multisport and Endurance Athletes Course.

NYU School of Medicine Approach to Treating The Multisport and Endurance Athlete
Across Age, Gender, and Injury


I'm registered and ready to go to this course!  This is going to be a great time as I'm excited to learn more about how to help others and myself.

I think the best part of this lecture will be learning about the injuries that are associated with long endurance type events.  I believe that many people train and compete like they are invincible, and then when they sustain an injury they don't understand why it takes so long to overcome, or they ignore it which then worsens the problem.  There are many risks associated with multisport events and learning how to go about training for them properly as well as nourishing yourself, protecting yourself, and discussing different perspectives is important.  

I will include a blog post in the future about my time there and I cant wait to share the information with my clients and with you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment